Monday, December 7, 2009

In Defnse of Paul Anka


When I was five years old,i was a little kid in a foster home awaiting adoption.My parents listened to nothing but doowop and oldies{see sterio on shelf in pic}.
I so loved music,anything i could dance to or sing to,i was a ham.My uncle tommy had alot of albums in his jukebox,mostly Tom Jones.Everytime i went to his house in Nj,he'd play"shes a lady"I love that song,i could sing it word for word.One afternoon,he made a bet with me"next time you come here you tell me who wrote that song"?I was up for the bet but didn't know who did until one day in the car on the way to NJ.The radio was playing a twin spin,first they played diana then puppy love,both my favorites and then the DJ gave me the answear"and Paul anka wrote shes a lady for Tom Jones",boom,I had the answear.So when we got there,I ran out the car laughing,my uncle said"well do you have the answear",I looked at him strait faced and said"yup,Paul Anka",he just hugged me and smiled,that was when I discovered the one person I would one day be friends with.
I played all my mom's old records loud,i sang along to every single song and remembered every word as well and could sing them by ear.I was a ham and loved all kinds of music from Fabian to Frank Sinatra to Tom Jones but Paul Anka was my favorite.My aunt couldn't get over the fact I lied someone from her generation that much.I gather because i was adopted in 1973,i was made fun of and called cruel names,i retreated to something i could just be me, music.Music became my shelter,i'd sit for hours listening to records and cd's,i'd catch any show Paul may of been on,old ed sullivan's or old movies,the Longest Day is still my favorite.
So,this is in defense of Paul because people don't know the true person,he dosen't treat fans awfully,he dosen't go out of his way to make remarks about anyone thats going to hurt their feelings,he is a true human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment